Arctic Silver ArctiClean Thermal Compound Remover 60ml Kit
Product Code: AS-ACN-60ml
Introducing ArctiClean, the first retail product to emerge from the union of Arctic Silver and Nanotherm technology. ArctiClean is a two step cleaning process that removes existing thermal grease or pads and prepares the thermal surface for a fresh application of thermal interface material.
* Unique 2 Step Process: ArctiClean 1 thermal material remover quickly emulsifies and dissolves the existing thermal grease or pad from the CPU or heatsink so that it can easily be removed with a clean cloth or paper towel. A few drops of ArctiClean 2 Thermal Surface Purifier and some gentle wiping then removes the remaining residue and inhibits flash corrosion on copper or aluminium.
* ArctiClean 1 Thermal Material Remover: ArctiClean 1 uses a proprietary combination of non toxic biodegradable solvents to emulsify thermal greases or thermal pads. The citrus and soy based solvents in ArctiClean 1 match or exceed many hazardsous and volatile solvents such as fluorinated and chlorinated organic solvents, acetone, MEK (methyl ethyl ketone), mineral spirits, isopropyl alcohol and toluene.
* ArctiClean 2 Thermal Surface Purifier: The cationic surfactants in ArctiClean 2 remove any residue left by the ArctiClean 1 leaving a pristine surface for the application of a new thermal interface material. It also incorporates advanced flash corrosion inhibitors that minimise the corrosion layer on copper and aluminium allowing for more intimate contact between the thermal interface material and the heatsink.
* Using ArctiClean 2 With Other Solvents: Most solvents and cleaning products leave residue on the CPU and heatsink that negatively affects the performance of any subsequently applied thermal interface material. ArctiClean 2 Thermal Surface Purifier removes the residue of citrus or petroleum based cleaners and inhibits flash corrosion on a copper or aluminium heatsink.
- Why not just use isopropyl alcohol or acetone? Put isopropyl alcohol or acetone on a thermal pad and ten minutes later you will STILL have a thermal pad. Only with a lot of rubbing and scrubbing will you be able to remove the pad. While the alcohol or acetone may soften the pad, neither actually dissolves the pad. Although less visible, it is the same cleaning thermal greases with alcohol or acetone.
ArctiClean 1 totally emulsifies thermal pads and thermal greases. The waxes, oils and fillers of the thermal material are suspended within the ArctiClean 1 so they can be cleaned off completely. This emulsification allow ArctiClean to remove the thermal material in the microscopic imperfections in the heatsink or heat spreader that non emulsifying cleaners cannot touch.
The flash corrosion inhibitors in ArctiClean 2 then significantly reduce the corrosion layer on the copper or aluminium, improving the interface between the metal and the new thermal material and maximising thermal transfer.
Would you like to know more? Check out Arctic Silvers full product information page.