SilverStone Black Mammoth Series MM01 Harsh Environment Hot Swap Chassis (USB3 & HEPA Filters)
Product Code: SST-MM01B
For computer designers, creating a chassis capable of surviving harsh environments is a tough task, especially if dust is a major problem. Most resort to fanless configuration as this eliminates the possibility of dust build up introduced by active airflow into the chassis, which is the main cause of system overheating over time. But limited heat dissipation capacity afforded by fanless designs confines systems to lower powered CPUs and Mini-ITX boards with less features. To overcome this limitation, SilverStones R&D team once again challenged and overturned convention by coming up with an answer in the Mammoth MM01 chassis. Instead of completely sealing off airflow to prevent dust, the MM01 has a partially sealed design with active filtering. To prevent dust from entering the chassis, a HEPA filter is used to cover the air intake area, making MM01 the first retail computer chassis to incorporate this internationally recognized filtering technology.
Used frequently by clean room in factories, operating room in hospitals, or facilities requiring dust free environment, the HEPA filter has the ability to remove airborne particles far exceeding what is available in traditional computer equipment. In order for this to work without suffocating airflow, two Air Penetrator fans were selected for use in the MM01. With a combined rating of up to 340CFM, they provide air pulling power similar to typical household fans and make it possible to maintain proper cooling for high end components despite the presence of highly restrictive HEPA filters. Complementing the tremendous ability to keep dust at bay, the MM01 also has unique, downward slanting front and rear vents to keep liquid from flowing in from the top of the chassis. This simple, yet affective design helps MM01 take on much harsher conditions required by professionals working in places not normally suitable for computers. For those choosing to use MM01 in normal home or office, its superior filtering could potentially help clean up the working environment as well!
* Two Air Penetrator fans included for great performance.
* Removable motherboard tray and top panel.
* Quick access HEPA filter.
* Exceptional filtration of dust and airborne contaminants.
* Spill proof design with sealed top panel and anti splash grilles.
* Convenient routing pathways for excellent cable management.
* Adjustable holder for large CPU coolers and graphic cards.
* Accommodates up to seven 3.5 and four 2.5 inch drives.
* Manufacturers model code: SST-MM01B (black).
* Market orientation: Harsh or critical environment & server.
* Case type: Super tower.
* External colour: Black.
* Internal powder coating colour: Black.
* Case dimensions (LxWxH): 597mm x 271mm x 542mm.
* Material: Steel, aluminium & plastic.
* PSU mounting position: Upper rear.
* 5.25" drive bays (external): 2.
* 3.5" drive bays (external): 0.
* 3.5" drive bays (internal): 7 (1x hot swap).
* 2.5" drive bays (internal): 4.
* Compatible motherboard sizes: SSI-EEB & CEB plus Extended, Standard & Micro ATX.
* Rear expansion slots: 8.
* Rear expansion slot cover type: Vented.
* Case cable management or ducting system: Yes.
* Liquid cooling tubing pass thru holes: 0.
* Liquid cooling internal radiator mounts: 0.
* Included front panel cooling fans: 2x 180mm.
* Included rear panel cooling fans: 0.
* Included top panel cooling fans: 0.
* Included side panel cooling fans: 0.
* Total available case fan mounting positions: 3.
* Included AC97 I/O ports: 0.
* Included HD Audio I/O ports: 1.
* Included USB2 I/O ports: 0.
* Included USB3 I/O ports: 2.
* Included e-SATA I/O ports: 0.
* Included IEEE1394 FireWire I/O ports: 0.
* Included I/O port location: Front panel.
Would you like to know more? Check out the full product information page.